RE: [OM] Please recommend lens & accessories for beginner macro w ork ?

Subject: RE: [OM] Please recommend lens & accessories for beginner macro w ork ?
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 01:02:16 EDT
Olaf writes:

<< Of course you can also buy the Oly extension rings, but expect to pay
big bucks for them. >>

There is a complete set of Olympus auto tubes at Rockbrook Camera and Video
in Lincoln, Nebraska.  $79, with the 25mm in 9+ and the 7 and 14 in 10-
condition.  I've buried the business card, but if anyone is interested I'm
sure they will research out the phone number.  I believe they open at 9 am
Central Time.  Rockbrook in Omaha (the store on Center Street) has a 19mm
f/3.8 Vivitar in OM mount for around $135.  It is new in box.

I had an interesting shoot at the Roseman Bridge (and other covered bridges)
in Madison County, Iowa.  It was the the alternate (early) date for ADITL, so
I stuck to a 50mm f/2 Macro Zuiko for most of the shoot.  Had my daughter
(also shooting a 50mm on an OM-G) pose for some shots ala Meryl Streep.
Quite fun.  Susie captured it all with an OM-2S, albeit with a 65-200mm
Zuiko.  The setting sun cooperated for a successful shoot.

My 13 yr. old son donned a IS-10 today in Rocky Mountain National Park.
Within a few minutes we came upon an elk herd up in the alpine and we all
shot up quite a bit of film.  It was his first roll.  I luckily had a 400mm
f/5.6 Novoflex with me - on a OM-4T rather than a Nikon F-501, thanks to
Brian Huber.

Gary Reese
on the road in Fort Collins, CO