[OM] News from your Zuiko admin

Subject: [OM] News from your Zuiko admin
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 14:04:39 -0700
Hello from your somewhat absent Zuiko list admin!

No, I haven't dropped from the face of the earth. But I have been far too busy
between increasing workloads and growing (!) family commitments to spend
much time on the list. Sadly, I can't see this changing a whole lot anytime
soon. :-(

Anyway, one thing I must do is replace the poor aging Zuiko server, which is
too slow, too old, and not y2k compliant. During this process I am
considering switching the list from majordomo to listserv, which offers a
number of advantages, including web accessible archives that might actually
be up to date!

The replacement server has been waiting in the wings for a while now, so I
hope to do the upgrade this month. I will keep the list informed of any
scheduled changes or downtime, but the latter should be minimal.

And many thanks to Giles for taking up the slack the last few months! :-)