Re: [OM] Display of OM-4/Underexposure at high film speeds?

Subject: Re: [OM] Display of OM-4/Underexposure at high film speeds?
From: Alex.Hughes@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 10:54:15 +0100

On my recently aquired OM-4 I can still make exposure compensations for 2 full
stops in both directions at 3200 ASA. However, when moving the compensation dial
to overexpose (ie positive) the ASA dial moves with it, so after moving it two
full stops the reading in the ASA window is 1600.  It then has to be reset when
moving the compansation dial back to zero - kind of annoying if I were using
that film speed on a regular basis.

I think that this is normal behaviour, but if it is a fault could someone let me
know?!

Many thanks

Alex Hughes

This is true for most if not all Olympi.  At maximum asa there is no
compensation for minus or underexposing.  At minimum asa, you cannot
overexpose.

> I have some question concerning the OM-4(t):
> 1.) Under-/Overexposure dial
> With my OM2s an OM2n there is no way for setting an underexposure at
> maximum film speed. How is this with the OM-4?
> 2.) When using film speeds of 3200 ASA at my OM2s - with aperture setting
> at lowest f-stop - the minimum speed shown in the display is about 1/30th
> second even though in Auto - Mode it uses longer shutter speeds. What does
> the OM-4 display show in such situations?.

Important Email Information

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.It
is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is
unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended addressee please
contact the sender and dispose of this e-mail.