[OM] IR film without a filter use ASA 400

Subject: [OM] IR film without a filter use ASA 400
From: flzhgn <flzhgn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 23:22:36 -0700
WJL -- if you want to try Infrared Ektacrhome for aerial photos
you might want to use it without any filter at EI (ASA) 400.

There will be a lot more magenta than if you use a yellow filter
but you get twice the speed.  The resolution of EIR is excellent
for such a high speed film.

You can load it and unload it in subdued light (like your own shadow)
despite what Kodak says on the film can (this only applies to color EIR)

For BW HIE film you'll need a film changing bag.

Ultraviolet has not been a problem for me yet. with this film!
http://www.netcom.com/~flzhgn/uv.htm

-- Hank

PS I went out to March AFB and saw the "Blackbird"--  wow !
I reached up and felt the Titanium skin that you've been talking about
and took some photos with my trusty OM2s and the Zuiko 35-70 f3.5~4.5
lens
Then two F16's took off and I saw the parallel polygons in the
supersonic
exhaust !  Thanks for describing this stuff !  I never would have known.