RE: [OM] ... hotshoe problem...

Subject: RE: [OM] ... hotshoe problem...
From: "Riek,Chris" <criek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 09:57:50 -0400
TMLee,

I don't have the SCA321 shoe that you are talking about. If you tried
pressing the flash onto the shoe and the light is still intermittent,
then I think that your problem may be different than mine was. You
may want to try your flash on another OM body and another flash
on your body. This would help pinpoint if it is the flash or the camera
hot shoe that is causing your problem. If you can use a friend's, that
is great. Otherwise a nice camera shop might allow you to "test" your
flash and camera.

-Chris Riek
Foxboro, MA

P.S.: Not for nothing, but you may want to try cleaning the flash
contacts with a pencil eraser. You might as well try the free fix first.