[OM] re:(OM) Scanner volunteers

Subject: [OM] re:(OM) Scanner volunteers
From: Brian Windrim <brian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 10:02:36 +0100 (BST)
Cc: giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

Keith Berry wrote:
> You can put me down as a volunteer ADITL2 print scanner for the UK/Eire.
> I use a flatbed scanner with a transparency adapter so in theory I can
> do negatives and slides as well, but in practice only a small percentage
> of these turn out really well.

I have a recently-acquired Minolta Scan Dual so I can volunteer to scan
slides for the UK and Eire.

I haven't had a lot of experience using it yet but it seems pretty
straightforward to get scans that look very much like the slide.
Negatives seem much harder, and more subjective, so it would be better to
send the prints to Keith.

My address is:

Brian Windrim
3F3
46 Jordan Lane
Edinburgh
EH10 4QX

SAEs and re-usable packaging would expedite the returns process considerably.
I can send full-resolution JPEGs on floppy along with the returned slide,
if anyone wants them.

Also, some indication of preferred cropping might be a good idea, given
the change of aspect ratio from 35mm to 640x480 (that is the submission
size, isn't it? Please correct me if I'm mistaken).

-Brian