[OM] Market Cross, Chichester

Subject: [OM] Market Cross, Chichester
From: John Hudson <jahudson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 14:18:27 -0700
Several weeks ago there was some discussion as to the identity of an
unusual in-town structure located somewhere in England. I suggested that it
was the Market Cross in Chichester, West Sussex.

I have been able to obtain some photos of the structure taken within the
last week or two. The structure is indeed the Market Cross in Chichester. I
have scanned two of the photos and the image can be found at:

http://persweb.direct.ca/jahudson/images/mcross.jpg

According to my correspondent the Cross was completed in 1501 and was a
gift to the City of Chichester from the then Bishop of Chichester, Bishop
Storey.

Sincerely

John Hudson
Vancouver, BC