Re: [OM] Carl Zeiss lenses?

Subject: Re: [OM] Carl Zeiss lenses?
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 20:19:11 +0100
John Hudson wrote:
>Has this anything to do with the two competing Houses of Zeiss .... the one
>in the former Federal Republic of Germany and the other in the former DDR?

Yes, I think they were from the former Demokratische Republik (I assumed
from the importers' name in the advertisements at the time). I have never
seen any results from them but East German lenses weren't well regarded in
UK dealers' circles, possibly unfairly based on the ubiquitous Trioplans and
Domiplans.

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx