Re: [OM] Scanning for ADITL2

Subject: Re: [OM] Scanning for ADITL2
From: Richard Ross <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 09:18:10 +0100
Garth wrote:

>I ignore scanning resolution dpi, and just work with absolute pixel
>dimensions of the image.  Then it doesn't matter what dpi you use (at
>least, it's never mattered for me).

Thanks Garth.  That's the way I've always done it, yes - I suspected the
72dpi thing was a red herring.  It matters if you're scanning to print to
some mechanical device, but not for straightforward display on a monitor.
I know I have to prepare our advertisements to 300dpi for the magazines so
I scan at that resolution for that purpose - otherwise I normally use
100dpi or so.  If I had a *decent* scanner I'd scan some more prints for
the gallery, but the existing one won't do them justice.  One day, when I'm
rich!

BTW, I'm a Paint Shop Pro user as well and find it very capable.

Cheers
Richard
Richard Ross
Hemel Hempstead, England