[OM] Thanks and Intro

Subject: [OM] Thanks and Intro
From: "Larry G. Griffin" <l.g.griffin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 1999 21:30:44 -0700
        Every time I've thought about putting my 2 cents in I've felt guilty
about no introduction. Now it has gotten worse. I received an OM-2Sp
today. I bought it at a local auction. Not only did I guess right as to
the
problem it was described to have. THANK YOU LIST! The camera is in
beautiful condition. Really minor brassing. Mirror lockup sound
familiar, Yep 2 new batteries problem solved. Still it's not a $50 4Ti,
but I paid about 30 0.000000e+00ss than expected.
        Warning I tend to be sarcastic, cynical, not very diplomatic, and ten
to ramble and be wordy. I also don't believe life should be taken
seriously, it's bad for the heart.

<snip here the rest has been added for filler>

        The first camera I used was my Dad's Argus C3. I bought my first camera
a Nikormat FTN because I had the money and didn't want a whiz bang F,
that was before M as in Olympus.  When the OM did come out I was
impressed by it. I used the Nikormat till the late 70's. Then due to the
twist and turns of life gave it up. Big mistake giving the camera up.
        Having recently started photographing again with a borrowed Canon.
About 6 months ago while on business in Texas, with nothing to do on a
weekend I browsed the local pawnshops. There I was bit by an OM-10 and
forced forced to buy it. I thought the price was more than reasonable,
little did I know what I was getting into.
        Lacking accessories and wanting to just get by. I looked at the local
auction. One of my first purchases was from Gary R. who promptly pointed
me to this list when my questions got out of hand. 8-) I've enjoyed the
list ever since and learned quite a bit lurking on it.
        I currently have the OM-10, a few more for parts, OM-PC, as the OM-2Sp.
The OM-PC and OM-2Sp were bought from the original owners at the local
auction. The OM-PC came with Sigma 35-70 f2.8-4 (Zoom Master if that
makes a difference), 60-210 f4-5.6, Tokina 24mm f2.8, and Zykkor 460 TTL
flash. There are also a couple of loupes from the OM-10s, Winder I and
II.
        My current interest in photography has taken me by surprise. I had been
taking photographs of my friend's dragster with his Canon. When not
helping in the pit. Cars have always been a big interest. I'm not sure
what's doing with photography this time. I'm still a bit over whelmed.
Previously I was interested in low light conditions and doing BW. It may
just be another form of Zuickoholism. I can definitely say I'm a
Zuickoholic. Joining the list has definitely reinforced the contagion.

Wish list (tongue in cheek)               For trade or sale
Gray Card                                 50 mm f1.8 AF
Primes, all kinds of primes :]            Variable Dioptric Adapter A
for IS
52 mm ND, FLD, 81?, colored, filters       Cosina 49 mm Normal Lens Hood
rubber
  "  Circular polarizing filter
Docs for a Zykkor 460 TTL flash it is marked OM.
Tripod with a 3023 or is it 3027 the thingie me bobby that supports the
big ones

Enough back to lurk mode and the list of questions. Now I can get
serious. 8-)

Larry