Re: [OM] (Fwd) news message.

Subject: Re: [OM] (Fwd) news message.
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 03:09:55 +0100
Michael Williams wrote:
>...when my "VOITLANDER VITO 2" (which had fold-out
bellows for the lenses) got stolen (german leaf-shutter camera c1959)
...I couldnt justify buying a new camera for 20 years because the quality of
the shots from the German camera was unbelievable. I know you other Olympus
users will snigger, but the shots were more "alive" and"magical" than any
Olympus lens...

When I worked in a camera shop in the '60s the 50mm f2.8 Color Skopar of the
Voigtländer Vito models was extremely well regarded. When, in the midst of
the gloom of last winter I had a sudden urge for more German glass, brown
leather and shiny chrome, I remembered that lens and bought a Vitomatic IIa
(the last of the real Vito line) as a companion to my Retina IIIc, its
compatriot.

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx