Re: [OM] Photo Techniques and Lenses (was: Pre-press secrets)

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo Techniques and Lenses (was: Pre-press secrets)
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 16:05:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 31 Jul 1999 mahlon.r.haunschild@xxxxxx wrote:

>  The human element
> (not only in terms of its influences on the taking of the photograph, but more
> importantly its ultimate appreciation) is FAR more significant than any
> measured
> difference in lens characteristics.  One's likes or dislikes of a finished
> photo
> are what's REALLY important.

  Amen, Brother Mahlon. We're in agreement here. We all own computers. We
live in a technical age, and tend to worship at the feet of Deus/Makina.
But in the end, it's all about the human experience. The moment we make
ourselves unwittingly, I hope, subservient to the technology, we are
become nothing but technicians. The technology must always be in the
service of our minds.

> Photo Techniques, on the other hand, is CHOCK-FULL of stuff I can use.  The
> list
> of these things is longer than I care to talk about here.  'Tis my
> not-so-humble
> opinion that everyone on this list who cares about photography should give
> Photo
> Techniques a look.

   I find this true in my case as well. For lack of a better word, it has
more photo-savvy per line than any of the other technically-oriented
magazines. Cheap, too. Sssssh, don't tell'em !

                                  *= Doris Fang =*