[OM] Tripods and sharpness revisited

Subject: [OM] Tripods and sharpness revisited
From: "Tim Breen" <timbreen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 11:14:35 -0500
Hi folks,

Awhile back we had a discussion on how to achieve even better sharpness
through the "proper" use of a tripod. We talked about splaying the legs,
adding weight, etc.

I bumped into this on the net and thought it was worth passing on.

regards,

Tim

Hi

I have a pentax 67 and a light weight tripod. Bad mixture! To make the
tripod more stable I attached a rope to the top of the tripod. The rope goes
nearly to the ground and then loops back up to the top of the tripod again.
I put my foot into the loop and press down with my weight. My pictures are
sharper than ever. Just thought I'd share the idea.

See Ya,

Jon Miller
on rec.photo.equipment.medium-format