RE: [OM] How I shut down OM4Ti and OM3 ?

Subject: RE: [OM] How I shut down OM4Ti and OM3 ?
From: Richard Ross <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 22:07:09 +0100
Chip wrote

>I don't know how much remaining capacity the battery needs to perform high
>current chores like actually making an exposure - I suspect the battery can
>be down well below half its capacity and the camera will still perform
>normally - but these figures should be helpful.

I noticed an oddity with my OM-4 recently - the camera appeared to be
working OK, but when I took a spot reading the resulting exposure was about
two stops less than that indicated in auto.  Making the exposures gave the
same result - the shutter speed in auto was much slower than with a spot
reasing stored.  "Subject failure" was not the cause BTW!  I switched to
"check" and the beeper stuttered and stopped - on changing the batteries
normal operation was restored.  Anyone else seen this one?  I'll be
checking the batts more frequently now!  I imagine the problem was due to
the "beep" on pressing the spot button causing a sudden drop in voltage and
upsetting the meter, thus storing the wrong value - can't offer any other
explanantion.

Richard

Richard Ross
Hemel Hempstead, England