Re: [OM] [OT] A plea for trimming quotes (Second)

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] A plea for trimming quotes (Second)
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 09:42:10 +0200
----- Original Message -----
From: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 1999 5:56 AM

> On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, Skip Williams wrote:
>
> >I second this plea, and it also would make it MUCH easier to read if
> >everyone put their replies at the top of the message, instead of below the
> >original posting.
>
> Actually, I think it's easier if the replies were consistently below the
> original message; makes for following through, knowing has already been
> said, easier.
>
> /Acer Victoria

I second the last, BUT that also implies like Jan says that you only copy what
is
really relevant to your message, and not all of what has been said earlier. If
everyone would do just that I think most of us would like to have the replies
below
the original message. BTW, the habit of putting the reply on top seems to be a
US
habit I think. It sure makes for an easier reading of you're not interested in
the
quoted part of the message, but personally I like to "get the whole story".
Perhaps
this also has to do with the fact that I'm not reading my own language.

Per Nordenberg

"To look into the eyes of a wolf is to look into ones' soul."