Re: [OM] Shuttle Launch/now re-entry

Subject: Re: [OM] Shuttle Launch/now re-entry
From: "gary edwards" <maitani@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 09:42:24 PDT
Scott, glad you were able to stay until they finally got the mission launched (third try, for those not following the news). Delays are inevitable, something to consider for any OMers planning to make the pilgrimage to Florida for a Shuttle launch.

Speaking of the Shuttle Training Aircraft, I was all prepared to shoot it on July 28 at White Sands Space Harbour, but it just flew over at high altitude and didn't make any exciting, steep approaches.

LTC Collins & crew are scheduled to pass over Ft. Worth at 10:04 tonight as they re-enter (yeah, I know you NASA-types say "enter", but it's too late for the rest of the world to change). Last shuttle re-entry I watched was spectacular. I plan to put the meteor photography suggestions to work. Hope for clear skies.

Gary Edwards