[OM] On auto-fcus I was refering to the competitors like Nikon , Canon

Subject: [OM] On auto-fcus I was refering to the competitors like Nikon , Canon
From: "Samuel Morales" <dolphans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 23:11:39 -0500
On auto-focus I was referring to the competitors.  People make a big deal
out of auto-focus and it's really not all what is cracked up to be.

Even with auto-focus you have to ask yourself is the subject in focus , then
fire.  I guess if your eye-sight is off it helps.  To me it's a bell and
whistle feature.

Remember when John McEncore was beating guys with the newer oversized
rackets with his out-dated wooden racket.  Technology finally caught up with
him.  He finally switched rackets to compete ,because everyone else was
hitting with the graphite's and larger sweet-spot rackets.  Yet he gave them
there run with the inferior racket.  It's all how you play the game.

Auto-focus will give you an edge , but if you can't play the game , it
doesn't matter how big the racket is.

One argument for auto-focus is, you might catch a shot you might have
otherwise missed with manual focus because you hit the focus button(without
actually asking your mind is it in focus) and fired away.

Then they have the image stabilization lenses , with auto-focus.  Where does
it end.  A lens that flies and processes the film.  But , isn't that digital
instead?

Sam ... dolphans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx