[OM] Zuiko-->Summicron

Subject: [OM] Zuiko-->Summicron
From: <michaeljohnston@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 99 14:11:29 -0500

>>>50mm f/1.8 MC Zuiko
This is the first version of the multi-coated 50mm f/1.8  Previously I
tested
the later "Made in Japan" version.  The contrast in this one rivals the
250mm
f/2 Zuiko, although the resolution isn't as high.  Acquiring one of these
is
probably the single cheapest investment to sharp pictures an OM user
could
make.<<<

Gary,
I wonder if you've ever compared this lens to the Mandler Summicron-M.
The cross sections are nearly identical. I know that doesn't prove
anything, but they seem similar in character to me and it might be
interesting to test the two of them under the same conditions.

--Mike J.

P.S. Does anybody know the identifiers on the various versions of this
lens? I have, I think, three of them...

Mike Johnston, Editor-in-Chief
_PHOTO Techniques_ magazine
(www.phototechmag.com)
Preston Publications Division of Preston Industries, Inc.
Niles, Illinois