[OM] A small favor

Subject: [OM] A small favor
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 01:27:36 EDT
Cc: sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Doris writes:

<< Anyone who still has the info someone reasearched on the reflectivity of
different film types could do me a big favor by forwarding it to me. >>

I have myself softened up (in Joel Wilcox's words) to the point that I'm
forgetting all this information overload of mine and just starting to take
pictures again (although not before I post a few more lens tests).  But, I'll
repost the film reflectance info I did of old, WITH all the necessary test
methodology disclaimers:

Caution here.  I've been admonished that they might be variation between
manufacturing runs.

Technique: Spot metering off freshly exposed to light film surface while film
was adjacent to a grey card - which I also read with the angle of metering
unchanged between the two.

Results:
Grey card: f/5,6.9
Kodak Gold 100 f/5,6.2
Sensia II 200 f/5,6.2
Agfa RSX 50 f/5,6.3
Kodak Elite II 100 f/5,6.4
T Max 100 f/8,0.3
Agfacolor HDC 100 f/8,0.3
Kodak Gold 800 f/8,0.5
Kodak Gold 200 f/8,0.0
Kodak Gold 400 f/8,0.1
Agfa Scala f/8,0.7
Fuji Velvia f/5,6.7
Kodak Royal Gold 25 f/8,0.2

Note the use of the comma replacement for the decimal in the f stop AND the
use of a decimal for tenths of a stop.

I'll admit that grey cards age, but it doesn't explain away the difference.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV