[OM] Found OM-10 for parts

Subject: [OM] Found OM-10 for parts
From: "Riek,Chris" <criek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 14:51:24 -0400
While visiting a new camera store in the town I just moved into, I
came across an OM-10 in the "FOR PARTS" bin for a whopping
price of $10. This interested me because one of my OM's is a
10. Checking over that camera, the lens mount was obviously
bent and had gotten scraped by taking lenses on and off. This
didn't concern me, easy enough to replace the bent mount. I
also found that the meter seemed to be dead. There were no
LED's no matter what the position of the switch and that the
shutter (which operated just fine) always seemed to fire at about
1/60, even on bulb. There was no manual adapter, but when I put
the camera on B, the shutter would fire (and close) while I still
had my finger on the shutter release. I guess that my question
after all of this is what does anyone think the "salvagability" of
this OM-10 would be? My first guess was that the circuit was
dead, thus rendering the camera "For (mechanical) Parts"
only. If it was worth saving this poor unfortunate OM-10, I'd pick
it up and use it for my astro work (no meter required). What
really bothered me was that even on B, the shutter wouldn't
stay open. I'd appreciate any advice. Help save this little guy.

-Chris Riek
Ayer, MA