[OM] Birthday sale

Subject: [OM] Birthday sale
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 21:06:43 +0200
Hello Olympians,

to celebrate the birthday of an real Olympian, "Papa" Hemingway, I´m
holding an special birthday sale. ;-)

Appropriate to the extraordinary writer, I´m selling an exceptionally
lens, the outstanding Zuiko 35mm/2.8 SHIFT.

Due to the ingenious constrution it´s possible to shift this lens for
12/13mm in vertical and 10.5mm in horizontal direction. That´s more than
any other lens on the market and helps to make optimal use of the
oversized imagecircle of this lens. I must say, the image it creates is
of realy high quality, it is an realy contrasty lens.

The specimen is in nearly mint condition, immaculate glass, all
mechanics are perfectly and smooth working including the shift
mechanics, which are neither loose nor sticky, but are well adjusted to
allow easy shift while at the same moment securely holding the lens.

There is hardly any brassing, even on places were it normaly ocures
first, like the aperture ring. An casual observer would not notice the
few and nearly microscopic small spots showing blank metal on this lens.
It´s visible on the lensmount, that this lens has already been mounted
to an camera, but there are no deep scratches, nor brassing.

The price for this little jewel is DM990 ~EUR500 ~US$550

But there is another goody, an cute little T20 flash. This little
brother of the big T32 is a realy pocketable flash, one always wants to
have with his OMs. The T20 will fit much better on the OMs than the huge
T32, it´s much better balanced, no tendency to fall to the front and
much less stress for the hotshoes of the OM-1,2.
Even the T20 is much smaller and needs just 2 AA cells, it is only 1
stop slower than the T32.

The T20 I´m selling is perfectly working, but his optical aperiance is
less perfect than that of the shift. There are no cracks and the
calculating panel is still on his place, but unfortunatly the flash is
covered allover with lots of small scratches.

To compensate for this cosmetic imperfections the flash is sold for an
very good price, DM80 ~EUR40 ~US$44

Regards

Richard