Re: [OM] OT: On Shrubs and Acorns (was: Midsummer Dream)

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: On Shrubs and Acorns (was: Midsummer Dream)
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 01:42:02 -0800
"Another Gary" Edwards wrote:

>Gary Schloss wrote:
>
>> Oh wait!  It's not _my_ name they're writing!!!!  It's... It's...
>> Oh, it's George W. Shrub!  [...] ... woops, so sorry, I think
>> I am barking up the wrong Bush.
>
>Be careful what you say, Gary.  Mrs. Shrub and I spent some time together
>5 years ago on the campaign trail, working to get our respective spouses
>elected.  We both succeeded.  She is a bright and charming lady.  Don't
>know how Shrub himself will work out, but she will be an outstanding
>First Lady.

Bravo!  I like the idea of more women in politics, even if it means that
the next Air Force One will be a broom stick (Lady Thatcher, anyone?) :-)

As to the Bushes, all I can say is that they pick their wives well (yeah,
I realize that some Floridians may disagree with me on this one :-)).

It is the "Acorns" I am worried about:  it appears that with each passing
generation they seem to fall farther and farther from the Bush.  Same
malaise seems to affect other prominent families (can you say: Kennedy?)

Oh well, I guess we really ought to look on the bright side.  After all,
the Shrub could be... a Quayle!  (Oh horrors!!!  perish the thought!)

>(To non-Texans:  "Shrub" is liberal columnist Molly Ivins' nickname
>for George W. Bush [get it: Bush the Younger = Shrub])

Hmmm, was it really Molly Ivins?  And I thought it was Ann Richards...
after all, that woman made a career of making fun of the Bushes.

>OM content: I shot a picture of Shrub in a honky tonk using an OM-2N,
>T-32, Bouncegrip 2, 50/1.8.

Hey, pls don't spare us.  Come on, dish up all the dirt!  Sooo, was he
two-stepping?  two-timing?  two-snorting?  or just plain drunk?  And,
do you have the picts?!  The National Inquirer is ready to write a big,
fat check for you...  and Ken Starr has your number on his quick dial!
:-) :-)

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, California, USA