[OM] Extender info and FS.

Subject: [OM] Extender info and FS.
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 04:04:15 EDT
I saw a Kiron 1.5X Multicoated Match Mate for auction and ran some tests and
post this precautionary note here for list members. I think that this "Match
Mate" extender was orginally made for the 75-150 Kiron zoom but for other
lens may vignette.

-No vignetting with 50/1.8 or 50/3.5 but won't focus to infinity.
-No vignetting with 100/2.8 or 100/2 at all apertures
-100-200 starts vignetting at f8 @100mm and vignettes badly @200mm
-No vignetting with 135/3.5 at all apertures
-Vignettes v slightly w/ 200/5 just in corners at f 8 and worse at smaller
apetures
-Vignettes noticeably in corners with 200/4 starting f 5.6 and smaller
apertures
-Badly vignettes with 300/4.5-not usable

I had bought it specifically for the 300/4.5 but haven't used it since that
particular disappointment. I haven't tested it for sharpness with the combos
that it does work with and really can't compare it with the Olympus 1.4x
because they don't really fit on the same lens.

I will sell it for $20.00 plus S&H if anyone is interested.

I also have a Komura 7 element 2x (SN 512067) for sale for $30.00 plus S&H.
Very minute engraving included on mount.

Last but not least are a couple of "Vert" wannabees.  I had intended on
perVerting them as extention tubes until I got the real things. These are new
in the box 4 element Vivitar Multicoated 2x extenders. You can use them as
extension tubes (approx 26mm of extension) and I will aVert my eyes while you
do it. You could also diVert the two caps (body and lens rear) if you need
them. I an adVertising them here for $10.00 each plus S&H. (Sorry Ken N. <g.>
whereever you are).

Please contact me off line if you are interested.

Warren