[OM] Winnipeg Indian dancers and OM talk.

Subject: [OM] Winnipeg Indian dancers and OM talk.
From: Ingemar Uvhagen <ingemar.uvhagen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 1995 11:06:27 +0200
Friends,

Two days ago I went to High Chaparral (a Wild Western town near
Gislaved) together with my next oldest (I am oldest) brother and his
family and my youngest brother.
It was all good fun with shows and many saloons including an old steam
train and stagecoach and all other thing you can expect from that era.
Oh yeah, there was a train robbery when we where on it, but I still find
it strange that they let me keep the OM gear and only went for the
gold...

Anyway, there was also an Indian island where the tipi's were located.
On that island a daily Indian dance show was held, and I just had to
watch it.
Man, that was the best show I ever saw! The dancers was from Winnipeg
(what Indian tribe I cannot remember) and they had different traditional
costumes and they performed different traditional dances, all
accompanied by different Indian songs (one of the songs were live from
two of the women).
I shot nearly a roll just on these dancers, using Sensia II 100 and
OM-2N with Zuiko 75-150/4. I tell you, the Zuiko was perfect for that
event as I could get close-up pictures on the dancers and their
costumes.
For that day I only had one camera and three lenses with me. Except for
the mentioned OM-2N and the 75-150/4 I also had the Zuiko 35/2.8 and the
Zuiko 50/1.8. In fact, the 75-150/4 was the one I used most that day!
Absolutely fantastic lens! Very underrated I would say!
The dancer's costumes were very colorful and decorated with feathers and
all that belongs to a Indian costume. Some of the shots were on their
costumes and I am looking forward to get the slides back from the lab.
Too bad I don't have a scanner to use as I do would like to put some
stuff up on the Unofficial Olympus Photo Gallery and also contribute to
the coming ADITL events.

Now, as a true Zuikoholic I discovered another reason to get yet another
lens - a zoom, probably one of the 35-70 zooms. There was a little
inconvenient to switch from 35 to 50 mm when you had to be quickly. So,
I now will have to start looking for a short zoom...

By the way. I always thought that the word "zuikoholic" was just for fun
- now I know it is not! You see, not long ago, just over a month, I
bought another OM body - the OM-2N mentioned above. This became my third
OM body.
I bought it because I lend out my OM-10 (and a 50/1.8 and a 75-150/4) to
my younger sister so she could use a little but good system (the camera
she has at the moment is some sort of P&S zoom, but I am trying to
convert her). As I do find the auto mode to be very good for "snapshots"
and I only had the OM-1N I had find another reason to get another
body... Yep, Zuikoholism indeed...!
That's not just it - yesterday I received a Power Bounce Grip 2 from our
list member Per Nordenberg! Oh, and just a couple of weeks ago I bought
a T-32 new in box! The T-32 was a bargain - only 1050 SKR (approx. US$
123) including shipping (the dealer bought it from a bankruptcy photo
shop). Now, this dealer also has (or had, I have not checked for a
while) a Zuiko 50/3.5 macro for sale. Guess who is tempted to buy...

Well, this became longer than I intended. Also, I intended to write only
about the Winnipeg indian dancers...

--
Regards/
  Ingemar Uvhagen