Re: [OM] Thanks for the pinhole tips everyone!

Subject: Re: [OM] Thanks for the pinhole tips everyone!
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 00:12:16 EDT
Giles et al commented:
<<
 > I don't know about quartz but I think the front element of the 24mm shift
 might be
 > fluorite.

I think the mega buck flourite lenses (Cannon) used only internal elements of
flourite as it is hygroscopic and the lens can turn to mush if the element is
not hermetically sealed. I think this is also why it is hard to find old
flourite lenses as they tend to age badly! The front element of the the shift
lens is more likely a "special" glass with different RI from traditional
glasses.

Tim Hughes
Hi100@xxxxxxx