Re: [OM] ADITL

Subject: Re: [OM] ADITL
From: Gary Edwards <edwardsg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 21:41:20 -0500
Well done, George.

I was meaning to get something for ADITL, but....

My ribs still hurt that day (suborbital, equine-boosted ballistic trajectory
terminated by monolithic terran impact).  I spent
all day with the family (it was Father's Day).  It was dreary and rainy here in
normally sunny North Texas....

1.    Gene Smith made one of his most famous images, "Walk to Paradise Garden"
when he was recovering from terrible injuries
suffered covering the final bitter fighting in the Pacific Theater.  He could
barely lift a camera, and he didn't have a nice
light OM.

2.    What better subjects than children?  There were plenty available that day.

3.    A newspaper photographer acquaintence in Seattle once told me: "when it
rains, make rain art!"  He had great rain shots.

So much for lousy excuses.  I look forward to the next ADITL.  I promise I'll
contribute no matter what!  Of course, the bar has
been set high by the first contributors!

Gary Edwards