[OM] ADITL Comments

Subject: [OM] ADITL Comments
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 21:31:46 -0400
Well, I like then all and I'm finding it pretty tough to pick a
favorite.

For treatment of lighting I like #17, the power poles.

For novelty, #24, the flying horse blankets really caught my eye... and
I never noticed the post at the left.  Had to look hard even when it was
called to my attention.

#15, the ferns,  grabbed my attention once it was expanded to full size
because I know I could never have made "just ferns" look so good.

On #14, Bern, I was impressed with the use of the polarizer (something I
wouldn't think to do) since the deep blue sky really makes the picture.

#6, the neolithic tomb, is an interesting use of perspective.

For composition I like the birds; the swan in #1 and the anhinga in #5.

non-photographic comment:  I've never known anhingas to "dive bomb"
their prey.  In my experience they simply hunt by swimming under the
water and, like a snake, will strike out with their long necks and
impale a fish on their incredibly sharp beaks. (They are also called
"snake birds" or "water turkeys")

Good job everybody!  And thanks again, George!

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts