Re: [OM] advance lever jammed

Subject: Re: [OM] advance lever jammed
From: "John Doe" <olympusbuff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 08:57:17 CEST
Alex,

I had a similar problem on my OM2 a few months ago. The battery died while taking a shot, consequently the mirror locked up, film advance lever and shutter release jammed. I replaced the battery, reset the camera as per usual procedure but no avail. Eventually I noticed that the front shutter curtain hadn't closed fully (I could see a bit of the metering pattern on the second curtain). Using my finger, I gently eased the curtain all the way shut, reset the camera and the problem was fixed.

Regards,
Tom.