RE: [OM] F280 vs T32

Subject: RE: [OM] F280 vs T32
From: "Chip Stratton" <cstrat@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 19:35:11 -0500
> I have recently acquired an OM4T and F280 flash  :-)
> I have a T32.  Can anyone provide a comparison of the
> two?  I'm trying to decide which to keep and which to
> sell.  The T32 has worked well, except for the occasional
> red-eye.  Not sure of its guide number, but I suspect that
> it is higher than the F280.  The full-synchro aspect of the
> F280 seems attractive.

I once replaced a broken T32 with an F280, but was very unhappy that I no
longer had the bounce flash capability of the T32. Finally bought a used T32
and was happy again - and there is usually not much red-eye when you bounce.

Having said that, until recently I never had an OM4T that would let me take
advantage of the F280's all speed sync., and I still haven't experimented
with it. Maybe I'll grow to like the F280 more if I learn to use it's fill
flash capabilities.

Chip Stratton
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx