[OM] Annual Quart festival visit!

Subject: [OM] Annual Quart festival visit!
From: Siri Bjoner <sbjoner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 18:30:09 +0200
Just got back from my annual summer holiday at the Quart festival in
Kristiansand, the southern tip of Norway. Had a *wonderful* time, my OM-4
worked perfectly yahoo!!!!!!
I now have two fave concert lenses - as I figured when I bought them - the
combo of 100/2.8 and 28-48/4 is perfect, though the 100 was my "standard"
lens this year. So much simpler than the 75-150/4 I usually use as stadium
lens!

Working at the press office does have it's perks - though I spent a lot of
time in the office (as I am the most experienced on the crew when it comes
to PR/music) I also got the chance to take pics of some spectacular
artists. Marilyn Manson disappointed - boring both music and show - but
Massive Attack and Blur were excellent. I brought a backup camera this year
- unfortunately, non-Oly - a C*n*n Ixus Z70. I know, I know, but I used the
panoramic mostly - great for crowd shots! And as my 1 is broken and I'd
forgotten to bring the EE-2, I had no choice but to use it (just in case
the 4 decided to be nasty again).

I got into an interesting discussion with the guy in the local camera store
- who insisted that zooms steal 2 stops of light (didn't quite understand
that). He also tried to teach me how to get max results from a Kodak Gold
film until I started talking about the merits of Provia 1600 at which point
he shut up. ;-)
Shot mostly Provia (my fave!) but a few rolls of Velvia, TMY & KC 25 as
well. Also tested out the "new" Fuji pro 800 colour neg film - must be a
while since I used that sort of film, as the Super G 800 is no longer in
sale...

I should have some pics ready scanned in a few days (I hope). Looking
forward to seeing the results of my new lens combo. I was the only one with
a small camera there - the 4/100/Winder 2 combo is tiny compared to the
"pro" photographers equipment! Wonderfully small! I almost felt sorry for
the big guys carrying two or three cameras around their necks - too lazy to
load new film? Or just unable to? ,-D

siri.

po box 9024 gronland, n-0133 oslo mailto:sbjoner@xxxxxxxxx fone: +47 9010
4635 fax: +47 9030 6420
"argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours" ... r. bach