Re: [OM] Hot Shoe Problem -- Enough!!

Subject: Re: [OM] Hot Shoe Problem -- Enough!!
From: gma <geanders@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 11:49:53 -0700
I'd like to chime in briefly. This is meant basically as a comment on Gary's
netiquette remark, but I suspect I'll drift a bit OT.

After at least 1/2 dozen PITA disparaging posts from Mr Weiss directed at John
H and other list members, I finally had enuf when George S posted Weiss' gross
msg to him and then I posted my opinion, which basically was: Weiss is a PITA
and if he's so smart, he should go fix the d__n camera and shut up.

Well, I immediately received a personal flame from Weiss with his typical
personal attacks, one of which was that HE's trying to make this thread go away
by courageously flaming people directly rather than on the list, and that I
should answer him back.  Hooray for him. I guess 6 or 8 or 10 or so flames by
him on the list are his limit.  What a guy!

So, I'd like to say that I don't know who created this lore called 'netiquette'
 or where it is written down, but I think it was very proper for John and
George S to post the messages from Weiss, as they opened a big new door into
Weiss' personality for all of us. I was especially impressed with the way he
cut John down, even asking if he'd lost a loved one for God's sake, then ended
with "I'm sorry we got off on the wrong foot."  Talk about 'netiquette'
violations!  I'm not going to post his attack on me, as it adds nothing to the
knowledge already gained about this person.

Personally, I hope he takes my advice and takes his 2S apart and breaks it.
That would be justice at this point.  BTW, Weiss, I have a spare 2S for parts,
wanna make me an offer?  Special price for you.  And, yes, I was able to take
the top off my 2S and fix it and get it back together, without a manual and
without pestering John H or anyone else for free help.  So, go ahead, Weiss,
you're a big smart sys admin, I'm sure you can do it too.  Probably faster and
better than John or I could anyway, huh?

George