[OM] blocked shutter - HEL*P!!!

Subject: [OM] blocked shutter - HEL*P!!!
From: "Dunay Gejza" <hadesia@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 21:17:34 +0200
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 16:13:29 +0200
>From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [OM] blocked shutter - HEL*P!!!

>After battery test as well? Shutter should be freed after a new
battery
>is put in and the battery test has been acomplished.
>
>> And battery test is OK and if I put the mirror down
>
>Did you use the red marked mechanical "B" and "1/60" setings on the
>shutterring to bring the mirror down (recomended)?

Yes, this was the first thing that I tried. The problem is not only
that shutter is blocked, but blocked is the film advance lever we can
say on one thirds of its route.  To put the shutter down I can only
with my fingers (there is small metall lever to do it).

>If you believe he can disassemble and reassemble the OM without
damaging
>the camera why not. Maybe it´s an mechanical problem which get solved
by
>disassembling?
>
>The problem is can he disassemble/reassemble an OM properly? Cameras
of
>different manufactors need different "tricks" to have been done this
>properly and I have been seen a number of OMs which showed signs of
>improper "repair".

Yes, this is the question. I have here 2 authorised repair workshops:
one for Minolta + Co and the second for Pentax.

Here is my question because I know that some peoples on list are
repairing Olympus and they can speak from own experience

Do you think that serviceman for other brand, without experiences for
Olympus, can look inside and dissasemble and reassemble it WITHOUT
SERIOUS PROBABILITY TO DAMAGE IT MORE? Will YOU PERSONALLY try Minolta
and Pentax (With proposition that you do not have experiences with
this brand) or will you have fear to do it?
As I wrote above blocked is shutter and film advance lever.

Best regards

Gejza Dunay
Slovak republic