Re: [OM] Olympian Fame

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympian Fame
From: Terry Mair <tmair@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 21:34:25 -0600

Winsor Crosby wrote:

> >BBB wrote:
> >>"Wow, that Olympus sure does take some nice pictures!"
> >>
> >>Now while I agree that my Olympuses (Olympi? Olympodes?) take great
> >>pictures, I was under the impression that I still had something to do
> >>with the end result.
> >
> >Yeah, reminds me of the famous "Picture Post" photographer Bert Hardy who
> >was often iritated by similar comments.  One night at a dinner party he
> >remarked to the hostess: "This is a wonderful meal, you must have a superb
> >oven" :-)  The most important thing in photography is what's *behind* the
> >viewfinder....
> >
> >Richard
>
> That is a truly wonderful anecdote.
>
> The variation I usually get is, "That is a beautiful picture. What kind of
> camera did you use?"
> When I used to answer, "A Leica M3", it usually elicited the "No wonder"
> response. Now when I answer, "An Olympus OM4T", I either get a blank stare
> or "I use a Canon Snappy." Sigh.
>
> Winsor
>
> Winsor Crosby
> Long Beach, California, USA
> mailto:wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx

I was doing portraits the other day for a couple, the groom asked, With a smirk
on
his face " How old is that camera?" When I told him about ten years, but that
it was
the current design, he said that he thought it was at least 50 years old, like
that
would make a difference in there portraits!!!  By the way the camera was a
Mamiya
RB-67 Pro-S!!!

Terry