[OM] FS: OM-4 w/case & manual

Subject: [OM] FS: OM-4 w/case & manual
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 17:13:53 -0400
Olympians,

I purchased this OM-4 with its case large enough for a zoom lens and with a
complete manual in English from my local camera store in April.

I decided to sell it because I would rather have another 4T with better
mechanical condition.  The OM-4 now has a new door seal which was done under its
warranty.
I ran another roll of slide film through to check the exposure levels in the
manual and auto modes from the shutter speed of 1/2000sec and longer.  It looks
that there are overexposure in the manual mode, but for some reason when I
repeated the same settings, the second shot gave a more correct exposure!  It is
puzzling.  Perhaps it might need some exercise.  The amount of underexposure is
small enough that you may not notice it at all if you just put print film in
this body.

Originally I was told a camera technician from D.C. at a camera clinic run by my
local store that the top speed was more like 1/1000sec.  After I had gotten my
camera back from the door seal repair, I put in a fresh pair of batteries and
had a local repairman test the shutter speeds.  He said that the top speed in
the manual mode is more like 1/1500sec and in his opinion that there is no need
to have shutter speeds adjusted.  It would cost about $100 to $130 to have the
shutter speeds corrected while the CLA price by John Hermanson on the 4 is $149.

You might note that a bargain OM-4 at KEH is $286 or something like it.

Mine has a black leather-like covering and cosmetically a number of brassing
spots on the back and the bottom cover. I will provide a genuine Olympus body
cap which I purchased recently.  I may let you have a 2-4 screen if you like
although the screen has been used and has a scratched spot although this won't
hinder your focusing
ability.

$200 or best offer.  Please contact me off list: mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx

Tomoko Yamamoto