Re: [OM] OT - Long - An Irish Mystery

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - Long - An Irish Mystery
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 20:31:57 EDT
        Giles,
        I think your mystery photos are a wonderful peek into the past and a
welcome addition and diversion for the list, no need to apologize for the OT
content IMO.
        I was expecting much poorer resolution from your description. I think
the negs held up remarkably well considering everything- age, conditions of
storage, possibly the "wrong" paper used for printing, etc.
        As far as narrowing down the years, I'm afraid I can only make an
"educated"            guess and tell you some of them give me a feeling of
1930/1932, and some 1938/1940. This is based on my own family photos from
those years and the hairstyles/ clothing/ hats/ bathing suit styles contained
in my family's photos. However, we're talking U.S., and I don't know how
closely the styles merged in time with Irish or English styles, but I would
guess not far off. After all, many styles were later in coming here- being
advertised as "all the rage in Europe", but others still may have been
featured in Hollywood's motion pictures and then caught on in Europe.

        Good Luck
        George S.