[OM] New additions to the Olympus Gallery

Subject: [OM] New additions to the Olympus Gallery
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 14:56:57 -0600
Well, the number of submitters to the Gallery are now at 54, and this time I've
made what are hopefully several (minor) improvements to the Gallery's structure.

Chief amongst these are the inclusion of dates on both the main Gallery index
and individual submitter's pages, so that you'll always know which are the most
recent submissions.  (An alternative suggested to me by several people was to
mark new submissions -- or new submitters -- with some kind of "New!" banner,
but of course, this would mean I'd have to constantly keep track of which ones
were new and which ones had become "old", etc. ... too much of a hassle,
expecially considering there's well over 500 photos on the site now.)  Alas,
older submissions are not dated, because, well, that would *also* be too much
of a hassle.  But all new submissions will always be dated (the dates are
always the effective date I update the Gallery, not when the photos are
originally submitted).

Anyways, you'll all see immediately how it works if you surf to the site.  And
now, the submitters:

New Kids on the Block
=====================

This issue of the Gallery sees two new submitters:

1. Paul Haigney, Donegal, Ireland

   Paul sends us some local colour, and nice colour it is, too.

2. David Jongen, Perth, Australia

   David submits a single photo of a leaf.  Less is more.

Old (or soon-to-be-old) Faithfuls
=================================

1. Angelo Claudio Molinari

   Angelo shipped us a series of really nice macro shots.  Looks like some of
the other submitters have some serious competition.

2. Hank Hogan

   More macros from the man who started it all (at least to the best of my
recollection), plus a fascinating infrared shot of a 747 aircraft.

3. Michael Goldfarb

   Michael's got a new toy, and shows us the results.

4. Giles Stewart

   A venerable member of the List, Giles has submitted a whack of photos which
were *not* taken with Olympus equipment (and not taken by Giles, either!), but
the attached story was so interesting that I thought, "What the heck..."  Check
'em out -- the "Irish Mystery."  Giles has promised to weigh in with additional
details, and I hope he does so...

That's all for now.  Thanks to everyone again for submitting, and I hope to see
more good stuff in short order.

Garth

"A bad day doing photography is better
 than a good day doing just about
 anything else."

The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery at:

   http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/