Re: [OM] Motor Drive 2 fails rewinding? / M.15V Ni-Cd battery pack?

Subject: Re: [OM] Motor Drive 2 fails rewinding? / M.15V Ni-Cd battery pack?
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 20:16:25 -0400 (EDT)
>   I rebuilt the M15v using two Varta NMh 9v batteries which should be
> available to you over there.  You can use all the cells in both
> batteries because it still doesn't exceed the output of the M18v when
> loaded with alkalines.
>   And yes, there is room if you unfold two cells on one pack.

I prefer to use only 13 of the 14 cells.  If you carefully remove one
cell from one of the 9V packs and then connect that to a complete 7 cell
9V pack, the resulting stack will fit perfectly in the M15v.  No need
to worry about trying to fit the cells around the screw post.  I've tried
rebuilding packs with both 13 and 14 cells and I can't find a performance
difference.  So may as well make life easy and use 13 cells.
                                -mark