Re: [OM] Film speed was-mondomonopods and support

Subject: Re: [OM] Film speed was-mondomonopods and support
From: Daryl F Hurley <dhurley@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 13:58:33 -0500
On Fri, 25 Jun 1999 12:50:30 +0000 "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
>BTW, Kodak is tooting its horn and beating its drum about their new
>Elitechrome 100 Extra Color (pro version is E100VS; regular Elitechrome
100
>= E100S).  This is undoubtedly geared to compete head-to-head with
Fuji's
>Velvia.  Kodak is making a special point in its advertising that its
>"true" EI is 100 with slightly different color balance giving reasonable
>skin tones.  It doesn't take much reading between the lines to realize
they
>are going after Velvia's two weak points:  skin tone and slow EI (by
>1-1/3 stops compared to Kodak's new film).

I just received a roll of the Elite Chrome Extra Color in the mail from
Kodak along with the usual evaluation form to fill out and return, to try
out in my OM.  (OOMC)   In their letter they list the benefits as "Most
saturated 100 speed consumer film, More versatile than 50 speed
delivering greater depth of field, Very fine grain, and Ideal for nature,
scenery and underwater photography." They also specifically state, "When
you want natural skin tones, we recommend Elite Chrome 100 or 200."

Daryl Hurley