Re: [OM] Om-4t and Tamron

Subject: Re: [OM] Om-4t and Tamron
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 13:04:39 +0200
: I have an OM4-ti, and am considering buying the manual focus version of
: the Tamron 90/2.5 macro, with the "Adaptall" mount.  But the OM4-ti
: instruction booklet cautions against third-party lenses; seems they can
: sheer off a little protrusion on the camera mount.  Anyone here tried this
: particular combination?  Do I need a particular *version* of the Adaptall?

This has been on The List a while ago. Search the archives. It appeared
there were both 'good' adapters and 'bad' adapters; it remained unclear how
to identify them unless by inspecting the screws. It seems that all new
adapters ordered from Tamron are good ones. Bad ones can be made good by
putting expoxy on top of the screw.

hnz