[OM] Used OM on WWW in Oz

Subject: [OM] Used OM on WWW in Oz
From: Dr Peter Gilbert <peterg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 17:34:38 +1000
Fellow Australian Oly list members

FYI

At my suggestion, camera retailer Photoco in Adelaide South Aust have
agreed to desist with their annoying habit of not listing details of used
OM equipment they have in stock. In Photo Trader magazine and on their www
site previously they just listed "Lots of Zuikos - Call$" instead of
providing any useful (and tempting!) details - and I know we all love to
window shop!.

I finally got fed up and e-mailed them asking for a list, but they said
they didn't have a list prepared - what did I want in particular?   I made
a suggestion that they wouldn't sell many Zuikos over the www if they
didn't list what they had in stock. Besides - they list individual items
for Canon, Nikon etc so why not OM???

Their webmaster Hans has agreed to provide used OM stock details on their
www page and keep them up to date. They don't have a lot of OM stock
(although it does fluctuate apparently) compared to some of the larger
places in USA, but they are local, and they have made a positive gesture.
Prices seem OK I think.

Normal disclaimers - I'm not associated with them etc etc etc just provided
for your info.

Anyway, check em out at  http://www.ozemail.com.au/~photoco/sh/sh.html!

Camera Action (Melbourne) usually has a very small range of used OM gear
for sale at

http://www.cameraaction.com.au  (look under Trader section). Not sure that
it is kept up to date though.

James Place Cameras in SAust have indicated that they will soon have a web
site, but no other details as yet.

Anyone know of other photo retailers that have used (or new!!!) OM gear
listed on their web site in Australia?

peter