Re:[OM] Better sight with OM-4? ;-)

Subject: Re:[OM] Better sight with OM-4? ;-)
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 21:35:04 -0400
Siri Bjoner wrote:
>I was out shooting a gorgeous abandoned building today, and discovered the
>strangest thing: I have better eyesight with my 28-48/4. There was some
>black graffiti on a red brick wall, I could hardly read it but decided to
>shoot it anyway and voila! it was all there!!!
>I also found a newspaper dated July 2nd, 1945, which was quite an
>interesting read.
>And I discovered that I really *really* need a 24 shift.

To those of you who think they need a 24 shift and never had a 35mm shift:

Consider the following:
24mm shift unshifted   viewing angle 84 degree same as any 24mm
                 max shift   viewing angle 100 degree same as 18mm
35mm shift unshifted   viewing angle 63 degree same as any 35mm
                 max shift   viewing angle 83 degree  close to 24mm wide angle

You need a good tripod with a spirit level for both shift lenses for proper
composition.  The 24mm shift lens requires extreme care in composition,
otherwise things get easily distorted.

Tomoko Yamamoto
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/