Re: [OM] Vivitar 3500 Flash

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivitar 3500 Flash
From: "Michael O'Carrigan" <moc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 17:46:47 +1000
At 07:39 8/06/99 EDT, you wrote:
>Thanks to everyone in the past for answering my questions. I really feel
>like a fly on the wall ease dropping on your conversations. Where do you
>all find the time to do all this writing?
>
>Anyway -
>
>I just pickup up a Vivitar 3500 flash for OM. I know how to use it except
>what is the setting with the little yellow triangle for?
>
>Thanks everyone,
>
>Jeff Bellin
>Newton, MA

Jeff,

I tried to reply to your question a few days back but the e-mail to this
list was out of action. Better late than never.

The yellow triangle is used when the flash is being set up for use with a
motor drive or auto winder.   It is called the auto winder setting and can
only be used in the manual mode.

It allows the flash to deliver up to 5 flashes in sequence at 2 frames per
second. A bit like the F280 I think. In this mode the flash manual power
output (GN) is reduced to 1/8th power (-3 stops) which is ideal for fill
light situations.

The instructions say this mode should not be used for more than 25
consecutive flashes, using batteries, as the flash will dangerously overheat.

The 3500 is a great little flash for the OM cameras, and dare I say it, is
probably more versatile than the OM T series.

Michael.