Re: [OM] Re: ADITL - Volume 1

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: ADITL - Volume 1
From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 09:05:22 -0700
Marko;

Marko Vrabec wrote:

> George kindly put down what would be final guidelines for our contest:
>
> >So how about the first
> >ADITL take place on the eve of the Summer Solstice, Sunday, June 20.
> >From 00:01 AM to midnight, local time, on the 20th.
>
> Or, as already suggested, a couple of days earlier or later, if one just
> can't make it on Sunday (as long as you don't admit it :-). I mean,
> let's try to stick to a particular day by all means, but let's not turn
> anybody away by being too strict about it.

I meant the msg to be the final guidelines.  As for the exact day, try
to meet it, but if you can't, stick to the spirit and do as close to the
day as you can.  I had once suggested a week in the life for this very
reason, but got several negative responses to a week as the time frame.

> >Shoot whatever you
> >want, but could be nice if the subject was related somehow to the end of
> >Spring/Start of Summer.
>
> Or, since it is our first contest, how about another finesse of "shoot
> whatever you want", namely "Tell us about yourself - the country/place
> where you live, what you do, what you like". Spring/Summer theme could
> be a bit problematic for our friends down under...
>
> What do you think?

I think this is a good idea in the context of what the first msg said.
Tell us about the summer (or winter :>) solstice and you, how's that?