RE: [OM] Ext tube for Tamron 90mm/2.5 SP

Subject: RE: [OM] Ext tube for Tamron 90mm/2.5 SP
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 09:55:59 -0400
Glen,
Depends on how much extension is built into the Tamron 90mm.  If the
extension is at least 22mm, you've got it:
A. Extension required for 1:1 for 90mm lens = 90mm
B. Vivitar extension tube set = 68mm (12 + 20 + 36)
C. 90 - 68 = 22
Bet you've got a lot more than 22mm there, most likely ~45-50mm.  So with
the Vivitar set, you can get greater than 1:1.  Just don't forget to use DOF
button on lens to see what's really going on!

Brian P. Huber

bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx
Troy, OH