[OM] Secondhand Kenloss

Subject: [OM] Secondhand Kenloss
From: kelton <kelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 99 16:13:23 -0700
>It is time for me to move on.  The Olympus list has gotten so popular and
>busy that I can't keep up with it anymore.  I am no longer able to give the
>list the attention it deserves as my time is becomming even more limited.

Now hang on, Ken; as a psychologist it's my duty to tell you that leaving
the list could be unhealthy for you and certainly for the rest of us.
Call it Secondhand Kenloss. I'm sure the rest of us feel as I do, that
you're a valuable listizen and we'd prefer you stay, even if you have to
reduce your participation. It's OK if you have to add medium format &
Nikon to keep you competitive; I'm sure if everybody were brave enough to
admit it, you'd find many of us own other camera brands as well. (Hell,
I'll admit my wandering eye: I have a Nikon kit, a Leica IIIf kit, the
odd Canon, Zeiss, Pentax, etcetera.) I don't think optical eclecticism
disqualifies anyone from the Oly list. Regarding listload, have you made
every effort to manage it? Myself, I subscribe to the digest version and
read perhaps every other digest; sometimes I don't read a half-dozen in a
row when things get too busy. (Ok, ok, I'll admit it: I quit the list
myself about a month ago when it got insanely active, but signed back on
a couple weeks later when things calmed down.) So keep your subscription
instructions handy, if you do the big logoff, and you're always welcome
back. --Kelton