[OM] Zuiko MC 35-70 f 3.6

Subject: [OM] Zuiko MC 35-70 f 3.6
From: "Ángel Lobo" <angel.lobo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 11:18:03 +0200
Hi all.

Some weeks ago, when Arthur and Gary Reese talk about this zoom I write:

> I really like this zoom, but...
> In all my photographs and all my tests with this lens, I see a touch warm
> that I can´t see in others Olympus-Zuiko lenses. A touch warm equivalent
> other Olympus lenses with a filter  B&W  KR 1.5 M.C.(Skylight).
>
> Does anybody detect this "warm touch" or is only my 35-70 ( f 3.6 )  lens
?

I have no answer to my question on the moment, and I guess nobody detect
this warm colour with this zoom.

Last week I can make a test of my zoom vs the zoom of a friend.

 Sensia II 100 ASA on 35, 50 and 70mm, at f 8 and f 16, on each zoom
:

The pictures taked with the zoom 35-70 f 3.6 of my friend have a total
neutral colour and the pictures with my zoom have a colour warm, specially
on the grey of the asphalt on a road, the white of the wall of a house, the
blue sky, etc, etc. (A good lens for a grey day).

The zoom of my friend have more green reflections and SN  215790.
My zoom  have more blue-purple reflections and SN 246381. I buy my zoom
new on a shop on Canary Islands  (Tenerife).

Any comment about this lens and this colour effect ?

Ángel Lobo
CUENCA (Spain)

angel.lobo@xxxxxxxxxx