[OM] focal point on 24mm f2.8

Subject: [OM] focal point on 24mm f2.8
From: Phillip Franklin <pfranklin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 1999 23:24:54 -0700
Does any one know exactly the center focal point of a 24mm f2.8.  I know
it's somewhere towards the back of the lens barrel but what out side
marking or would it be?
I'm using this lens for virtual reality panoramic photos and I have one
of those macro slider gizmos on the the tripod to move the camera back a
few inchs.  Accoriding to Apple's vr video you  are susposed to be able
to tell by lining up objects in view and seeing where this point is.
I've shot several of these pano vr's and for the most part the stitcher
usually fixes things rather well but I'm going for perfection here and
am hoping someone may have seen a diagram of this lens with this point
indicated by where the image is fliped and projected out of the back
element.  Just give me a marker on the barrel if you know where this is.

Thanks,
Phillip Franklin