Re: [OM] Blank neggies [Was:Introduction to Macro PhotographyLinkOT

Subject: Re: [OM] Blank neggies [Was:Introduction to Macro PhotographyLinkOT
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 1999 17:52:18 +0000
At 14:58 6/5/99 , Terry wrote:
>EXCELLENT!!!!! That didn't occur to me, but I did have this happen to me
>TWICE, with B&W film (I
>don't shoot enough B&W to know there respective names) it was Ilford the
>type that is processes like
>Color (when it comes to film processing do I sound dumb?) and it was at a
>pro lab (That sucks) but
>your right every thing was wiped off of the neg. no edge markings!!!
>Terry

Yep, I've used Ilford XP2.  Between the sprocket holes and the film edge it
should have "ILFORD XP2 SUPER" along one edge.  Along the other edge there
should be bar coding and frame numbers.  The barcoding and printing should
be in pure deep black.  Unexposed Ilford XP2 has a very, very light gray
cast to it, almost, but not quite clear.

-- John