Re: [OM] New EBay Zuiko History on-line

Subject: Re: [OM] New EBay Zuiko History on-line
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 21:40:07 -0400
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I pulled the text in through Excel and parsed it apart using formulas.  I
do stuff like this often so it only takes about 30 min to do a new page.

The table was done via an Excel Pivot table.  Right now, I like it, but
you're right, its mostly empty.  When I get more data, I'll do one with
more analysis.

The slots for non-existent lens/aperture combinations was one thing I
didn't think of, but I was striving for ease of production, so this way is
easier right now.

You have to be careful pulling prices too soon after auction endings, Ebay
doesn't update immediately after auction completion.  Also, some manual
work is required to filter out the auctions that didn't meet reserve and
those that don't include "Zuiko" in the auction description.

Skip