[OM] OM winders and other favorites

Subject: [OM] OM winders and other favorites
From: Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 15:09:48 -0500
Hans et al.
It's strange to me that Olympus never added a second shutter release on the
side of the winders for vertical shots.  Both the Canon A1 and F1 cameras I
owned in the early the 80's had this feature on their winders.  This allows
for a very relaxed vertical shooting position.  Otherwise the OM winders
are better designed and somewhat more powerful than their competition (at
that time!).
I do find that the OM's plus winder are difficult to fit into camera bag
compartments (at least the Domke variety).  So I only use the winder when
absolutely necessary, to balance the 4.5/300 for example. It never occurred
to me to leave the batteries out though ;-).
 MY favorite piece of equipment is probably the T20 flash with extender and
(3rd party cord). Very nice and compact unit especially for macro
photography.   Still trying to find the original T20 flash cord adapter and
the 0.3 m OM cord itself. ---Jan

=====
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Favorite piece of OM System
Mine is the Motor Drive 1. I always have one attached on the 4Ti, without a
power source, just for better handling.
It makes a world of difference, specially for vertical shots when longer and
heavier lenses (tele, zoom) are mounted, and/or a heavy flash. ...With vertical
shots I've learned to fire the shutter with the thumb, allowing the Motor
Drive grip to rest in the palm of my hands, which feels relaxed,
facilitating holding the camera steady. ...Hans